I scheduled this post yesterday because right now I am enjoying all the best of a summer holiday: waking up late, enjoying a delicious breakfast with the best guy in the world, followed by pool, food, family and friends. Is there anything better than a holiday?!
While I was getting my red, white, and blue outfit together and scouring cookbooks for some delicious desserts to haul to every summer party under the sun, I started thinking about what Independence Day means to me. Really, what independence and freedom means to me. So I came up with a list of all the things that make me feel free, lots of them pretty frivolous but they truly do make me feel free.
1. Spending a lazy afternoon with my boyfriend doing absolutely nothing.
2. Driving down the Shore with the windows down.
3. Laughing over silly memories with my best girlfriends.
4. Spending an afternoon swinging in a backyard hammock.
5. Baking a peach cobbler.
6. Taking a walk when the snow is falling and it’s really quiet out.
7. Floating on my back in the ocean.
8. Wearing high heels and a dress on a regular day.
9. Hopping on a plane or in a car or on a train and going anywhere.
10. Reading a book in a bubble bath after a long stressful day.
What’s making you feel free today?
Enjoy your fourth of July holiday!