I’d been planning on posting an update about my 25 things before 26 since we’re halfway through my 25th year. Wow! I can hardly believe it. It seems like 25 is going by so fast and I need to try harder to appreciate it all.
Before I run down the list of things I have accomplished thus far, let me just say that I’m not so sure about this challenge anymore. I decided to give it a try this year because it’d always looked like fun when I read it on other blogs. But the thing is, I am just not making enough time or making it enough of a priority to actually get things done. Maybe I chose things that aren’t achievable or things that I actually want to make a priority deep down. I don’t know but I am going to see what else I can accomplish off this list without holding myself accountable for it all. Just a no-stress fun when-I-get-around-to-it thing.
1. Learn to crochet and make something – DONE! And I’m not a crocheter…but I’ll share the little project I made later
2. Visit at least five different museums – working on it…visited at least one…
3. Donate my time to something meaningful
4. Host a party – yes, Nick’s birthday, but thinking a bigger, better party might need to happen
5. Create and maintain a side job for money – check out my etsy shop please!
6. Become better at letting myself relax – work in progress
7. Try being a vegetarian for one week
8. Thrift at least one outfit per season – not into anymore
9. Finish one piece of writing
10. Buy a DSLR
11. Create a scrapbook – I need to finish up our SMASH notebook/scrapbook from this summer
12. Create my own recipe – I have made so many new things since moving into our apartment. I’ll have to write one down and put it up; I do so much “a pinch of this, a pinch of that” that I need to write down some measurements
13. Visit somewhere new (city, country, major attraction)
14. Purchase a piece of artwork
15. Make a pie
16. Make three pieces of jewelry
17. Read Stephen King’s On Writing
18. Go all out when celebrating a holiday – I’m thinking about doing Dr. Seuss’s birthday (I am a teacher after all…) but I’m open to suggestions
19. Do one month of crazy nail designs – definitely made this before launching into teaching. Going to be a no go on this one
20. Try a beer cocktail
21. Maintain a consistent skincare routine – purchased a Neutrogena New Wave on a whim and I must say I don’t hate it. Now I just have to stick with it
22. Write letters at least once a month – this one got away from me
23. Take a photo every day – started this in the summer then school happened. So kinda?
24. Learn a dance routine
25. Keep a journal of my 25th year – so far a big success and I love it. Writing with a pen and a notebook is my fave